Betsy sent me a lead for a survival job that totally violates one of my rules.
The rule is: get a survival job that is as close to the performance industry as you can.
This one isn’t, but I like it anyway. Allow me to share…
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last few months, you probably know about the surge in interest in buying homes.
It’s a seller’s market, with lots of homes going for above asking price.
And because of that, seeing new properties can become a full time job for the prospective homebuyer.
Or, for you.
There’s a site called WeGoLook that sends people out to, well, look, at prospective properties:
You go, make a few basic observations and take a few digital photos, and then report back to the buyer what you find. It could be personal property, real estate, just about anything. (Their slogan is “We go look when you can’t.”) Here’s a sample of the other things you might get sent out to look at (from the WeGoLook.com FAQ):
WeGoLook® is a unique online service that sends a real live person to look at something for you. We.
– Look at an expensive item for sale on eBay or Craigslist
– Check for storm damage to your vacation home
– Check the condition of your out-of-state rent house
– Check the condition of a loved-one’s gravesite
– Look at an automobile for sale online or in a classified ad in another state
– Deliver an item you purchased online to the shipper
Are you seeing how this is easily scheduled between auditions, classes, gigs, and everything else? And they pay well.
They show a couple of featured “lookers” on the site – and look! One of them’s an actor!
You can sign up as a Looker here:
Hope this helps.